Friday, March 23, 2012

Package templates

Greetings SSIS friends,

I am currently reading Ralph Kimball's "The Microsoft Data Warehouse Toolkit". In the book it mentions creating template packages to speed up the creation of future packages. In the book they also mention creating solutions and projects.

All sounds fair enough but I am confused a little.

Where should the template package be stored?! I created a Project and renamed the default package as "TemplatePackage". I setup some standard data sources and package variables. Do I now create a new package and place it in the same project? Or should my template package be deleted from the project?!

Hope my questions makes sense.

Package Templates
(http://wiki.sqlis.com/default.aspx/SQLISWiki/PackageTemplates.html)|||

That's brilliant.

Thanks a bunch!

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment