Monday, March 26, 2012

package with a custom component (log provider) runs in BIDS, but doesn't run where deployed.

Hi,

I have a package with a custom log provider, which runs in BIDS. However when I deploy the package onto SQL Server and run it on the deployed machine, if fails:

"failed to decrypt protected XML node DTS:Password...key not valid for use in specified state..."

Now this is definately to do with the custom log, as if I take it out & redeploy, I can run it on the deplyed server + also run it within a job. I have entered the custom log provider library (+ other required DLLs) in the GAC on the deployed machine, but I'm clearly missing something.

Any ideas pls? I'm really stuck.

Many thanks in advance,

Tamim.

Please search this forum...

You'll need to set the package protection level to "DontSaveSensitive" and then issue a password via the /SET command line switch. OR, you could try to promote to the server using SQL Server users/role level security, maybe....|||

Thanks for the quick reply Phil, but that didn't work.

Is there anything extra I need to do/bear in mind with respect to the signed assemblies that comprise the custom log provider?

|||

Tamim Sadikali wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply Phil, but that didn't work.

Is there anything extra I need to do/bear in mind with respect to the signed assemblies that comprise the custom log provider?

What do you mean that didn't work? That error message states that you are using indicates to me that the protection level is set to EncryptSensitiveWithUserKey, which means that ONLY the user who built the package can execute it.

No comments:

Post a Comment