Wednesday, March 28, 2012

PacketSize

I am getting the error:
"General network error. Check your network documentation."
It occurrs when I write/update to MSDE 2000 using ADO.NET's SqlClient classe
s. It only occurrs when the record reaches a certain size (around 10K, or s
o) and only occurs in certain environments. Some XP and some Windows 2000 e
nvironments are OK, while o
thers give the error.
I am aware of the PacketSize property in the SqlConnection class, but as of
yet have not set it and have just relied on the default value.
I feel there is something in the .NET or the ADO providers' environment or c
onfigurations that I am not aware of, and would appreciate any help in this
regard.Perhaps try turning off connection pooling (229564)
Bern
"Paul Wicks" <paulwicks@.htninc.com> wrote in message
news:6BAB551B-AC85-4D1C-8B41-89A79A719C81@.microsoft.com...
> I am getting the error:
> "General network error. Check your network documentation."
> It occurrs when I write/update to MSDE 2000 using ADO.NET's SqlClient
classes. It only occurrs when the record reaches a certain size (around
10K, or so) and only occurs in certain environments. Some XP and some
Windows 2000 environments are OK, while others give the error.
> I am aware of the PacketSize property in the SqlConnection class, but as
of yet have not set it and have just relied on the default value.
> I feel there is something in the .NET or the ADO providers' environment or
configurations that I am not aware of, and would appreciate any help in this
regard.
>|||Thanks for your suggestion, Bern.
I wish I could report good news, but the disabling of SQL Server connection
pooling had no effect.
I think I will leave it disabled to avoid possible future complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment