Friday, March 30, 2012

PAE SQL server questions...

Hey all,

I'm wondering what command I could issue to see the amount of memory a named instance is using from within the instance itself. We've enabled address extensions (PAE), and task manager no longer shows the correct amount of mem being used by the process. Under perfmon, I've added the object MSSQL$INSTANCENAME:Memory and I'm looking at the Total Server Memory. I'm seeing 4 gigs, when max memory is capped at 2gigs. This must show the server memory and not the instance memory ? Is there some way to see the instance memory ?

Cheers,
-KilkaDBCC MEMORYSTATUS. It'll give you enough to start with. Coupled with MEMUSAGE, you can pi-point the exact object that hogs the memory.|||Thanks rdjabarov,

I'll have to check this out on our testing environments. I've read that MEMUSAGE can cause the instance to crash, I'll have to do some more testing when I get back to work to verify that it'll be safe to use on live.

Cheers,
-Kilka

No comments:

Post a Comment