Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Packaging VB 6.0 with Crystal report Control

Dear All,

Pls give reply for this problem,this is the last helping source for me,so pls don't leave me without solutions.

I have a problem,pls help me .

I have created the front end application in V.B 6.O and Back end in Sql 2K and iam generating report using Crystal Report 8.5.
Our OS is windows 2k professional.\
My problem is I generated report using Crystal report as a Blank report and called in VB by adding the component Crystal report Control(Crystl32.ocx)

My Problems
1. Iam not able package my Vb application because it is showing Crystl32.ocx file can’t be registered, if I remove this control from VB I can create the package .
2. So I done another way ,by making exe of my VB application ,then create a new project and add all controls I used in my application except Crystal report Control, then I made package of this Project ,then I run the exe file in another computer and also installing the package that I created so that I can use runtime of VB,it is working fine accept reports.if the forms contain any report it gives error like this : Run-time error ‘339’ ,Component Crystl32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid.
3. So while I add crystal report control I can’t run the application ,so I copied the file Crystl32.ocx and dumped to another machine system32 folder and tried to run “regsvr32 with the path where I stored the file”, while I run this iam getting error like this “LoadLibrary (“C:\i386\system32\Crystl32.ocx”) failed-The specified module could not be found”.
4. so can u help me for that ,I want to run this application in 90 users, this projects related to school attendance register

I will be very Thank full to u all ,if u provide me a solution for this,iam new to Crystal report and my client needs report to be generated in CR.So pls give me a solution for this.

With regards

SaijuRemove Crystal report components then create package for your application. If the process became successful then, ad the components back and make new exe file
Copy new exe file over the one installed at the client machine.
hop this would help you|||Thank u this helped me.
I made the exe & run in all the client computers

Thanks for the reply

SaijuMammen

No comments:

Post a Comment