Monday, March 26, 2012

Package.Execute/IDTSEvents vs DTExec

I am executing a package via vb.net with package.execute using the IDTSEvents interface inheriting DefaultEvents. I am trying to emulate DTExec functionality. The package runs fine and I am catching events, but I don't get nearly as many info and progress events as are put out by DTExec. From my understanding DTExec also used the managedDTS application object, is that not the case? If it uses this does anyone have an ideas on how it is grabbing more events? For example I don't get these events that DTExec shows ..

Info: 2006-09-26 14:22:27.97
Code: 0x40016041
Source: DWB02130
Description: The package is attempting to configure from the XML file "D:\SSIS\ConfigurationsDatabase.dtsConfig".
End Info
Info: 2006-09-26 14:22:28.05
Code: 0x40016040
Source: DWB02130
Description: The package is attempting to configure from SQL Server using the configuration string ""Configurations Database";"[dbo].[SSISConfigurations]";"DWB02130";".
End Info

I also don't get as many progress updates during validation, I basically get 0 and 100% while DTExec shows several 1%, 3%, 10%, etc.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks!
Harry

Do you set fireAgain parameter to true for events like OnInformation, OnProgress? If not, the event might not be fired again to avoid overhead associated with sending an event (that presumably nobody listens too).

You can also implement IDTSLogging interface and pass it to Execute method in addition to IDTSEvents interface.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment