Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Padding blank spaces when exporting to PDF?

I know that some people have already asked this question, but answers were not usefull to me.

I want to export the content of my textbox to PDF and can't find the way to save it's formating on pdf.

I'm creating a report for invoice. I have one TextBox at the end of report for displaying terms of payment.
There can be several paragraphs in this text. This text is stored in one column, which is nvarchar, in database.

Is there any way to keep the blank spaces that I use at the beginning of paragraph? Is there any non-printable character that
won't be ignored when trying to insert a new paragrapf in PDF? I can't use tab and blank spaces-these are ignored. And I don't
know how many paragraphs there will be-this changes.Pozdrav!|||

I'm not sure but can't you do something like this:

Write custom code that evaluates the string. The custom code will iterate through the string and will evaluate each character. If it is a " " (space), then add another value to a counter. Then you know how many spaces there are in a string.

|||

Yes, but I can't find the way to put those blank spaces at the beginning of each paragraph.
They are ignored. It is not that I don't know how many blank spaces there will be, I simply
don't know how to make them appear on my PDF.

No comments:

Post a Comment