Friday, March 30, 2012

page break after 10 rows

I have a report with 1 grouping level, and I want to display only 10 records
per page. How can I force this grouping in RS, can I use functions like
Rownumber, and how precisely does it work ?Yes, search this forum, it's been mentioned loads of times in here.
Effectively use the RowNumber function divided by 10 with the Ceiling
function.
--
Regards
Chris
joia wrote:
> I have a report with 1 grouping level, and I want to display only 10
> records per page. How can I force this grouping in RS, can I use
> functions like Rownumber, and how precisely does it work ?|||Hi, the easiest way to do it, as i found out, is using this function:
System.Math.Ceiling (RowNumber (Nothing)/10)
where 10 can be replaced by a report parameter.
Cheers, Johan
"Chris McGuigan" wrote:
> Yes, search this forum, it's been mentioned loads of times in here.
> Effectively use the RowNumber function divided by 10 with the Ceiling
> function.
> --
> Regards
> Chris
> joia wrote:
> > I have a report with 1 grouping level, and I want to display only 10
> > records per page. How can I force this grouping in RS, can I use
> > functions like Rownumber, and how precisely does it work ?
>|||I am new to reporting services. Can you show me how to use this function?
Thanks,
Anna
"joia" wrote:
> Hi, the easiest way to do it, as i found out, is using this function:
> System.Math.Ceiling (RowNumber (Nothing)/10)
> where 10 can be replaced by a report parameter.
> Cheers, Johan
> "Chris McGuigan" wrote:
> > Yes, search this forum, it's been mentioned loads of times in here.
> > Effectively use the RowNumber function divided by 10 with the Ceiling
> > function.
> > --
> > Regards
> > Chris
> >
> > joia wrote:
> >
> > > I have a report with 1 grouping level, and I want to display only 10
> > > records per page. How can I force this grouping in RS, can I use
> > > functions like Rownumber, and how precisely does it work ?
> >|||I figure out how to use this function now.
Thank you for sharing this function.
Anna :)
"Anna" wrote:
> I am new to reporting services. Can you show me how to use this function?
> Thanks,
> Anna
> "joia" wrote:
> > Hi, the easiest way to do it, as i found out, is using this function:
> > System.Math.Ceiling (RowNumber (Nothing)/10)
> >
> > where 10 can be replaced by a report parameter.
> >
> > Cheers, Johan
> >
> > "Chris McGuigan" wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, search this forum, it's been mentioned loads of times in here.
> > > Effectively use the RowNumber function divided by 10 with the Ceiling
> > > function.
> > > --
> > > Regards
> > > Chris
> > >
> > > joia wrote:
> > >
> > > > I have a report with 1 grouping level, and I want to display only 10
> > > > records per page. How can I force this grouping in RS, can I use
> > > > functions like Rownumber, and how precisely does it work ?
> > >

No comments:

Post a Comment