Monday, March 26, 2012

Package Validation Error + Code 0xC004801C

Hi,

I am learning to use SSIS for creating packages. I am getting the following error when I try to execute my package...

Package Validation Error

Error at Data Flow Task[DTS. Pipeline]:The "runtime connection "FlatFileConnection "(122)" in the connection manager collection, Connections, of component "Flat File Destination ("120") does not have a value for the ID property. Verify that the ConnectionManagerID property of the runtime connection object has been set for the component.

Error at Data Flow Task [DTS.Pipeline]: component "Flat File Destination" (120) failed validation and returned error code 0xC004801C.

Error at Data Flow Task[DTS.Pipeline]: One or more component failed validation.

Error at Data Flow Task: There were errors during task validation.

(Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.VsIntegration)

I'd appreciate if someone can help me with this. Do I need to change some settings? Also, what does the number in brackets indicate, say in FlatFileConnection(122)? Is it valuable information while debugging?

Just to give an idea, my package is like this -

source FlatFile -> Derived Column -> Lookup1 ->Lookup2 ->OLE DB destination(SQL server DB table)

Lookup1 and Lookup2 have error redirected to one flat file destination each.

Thanks in advance!

Geez....the error was just because I hadn't assigned a Connection Manager to that Flat File destination!! Oops!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment