Monday, March 26, 2012

Package Wont Open

I have just created a package to import data from excel files, and perform some simple sql statements. I saved the package, and when I try to re-open it, I get the following error:

"Error Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Error Description: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).] SQL Server does not exist or access denied."

And after I hit th "OK" button, I get the next error msg:

"The selected package cannot be opened. The DTS Designer has been closed"

Is my package completely lost? Can I open it elsewhere, or by changing some properties somewhere? Also, is there something I can do to avoid this in the future?! I hope all my work isn't lost ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BrianClose Enterprise Manager, reopen it, and see if you can read the DTS package. You can still ping the server can't you?|||Thanks for the quick response.

I closed and re-opened enterprise manager, to no avail. I'm working with my localhost and there is no problem pinging. Everything else seems fine, just can't open this package. Any other thoughts?|||It sounds like it got corrupted somehow. I've never actually had this happen. Been doing DTS packages a long time. If you had saved it previously, right-click on the package and look at versions. See if you can look at any of the previous versions.|||I have no idea what's going on, craziness I say. I only had one version when I checked. I've gone through creating these packages all different ways. They save no problem, but I can't re-open them. Any other thoughts? Thanks!sql

No comments:

Post a Comment