Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Packaging Business Intelligence Report project for deploymnet

Hi Guys,

I created my report project, now I build it and deploy it and it works fine.

In my web application project, I created an aspx page with reportViewer control and it works fine too. I publish my website for deployment and works fine. I created a web setup project and add my web application project to it and it works fine. It installs and create the virtual directory in wwwroot (Default WebSite) and it run the script on database too and create all tables and sp.

NowHow Do I deploy mey reports on the server as part of the installaton package. Can I do that or it has to be done manually by going to report server and create a new folder and add a DataSource and upload the *.rdl files...?

1 More thing, in my myReport.aspx page where I have the reportviewer control, I have the <ServerReport ReportServerUrl="http://localhost/reportserver/Intranet" Server Path="/MyReports/ProductsReports" />

Well I think this is hard coding as it might be different on the destination server where tha pllication is going to be deployed.

So is it correct way of doing it that in code behind in page load I set these values ( reportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportServerUrl = "..."; ) and I get the value from webconfig file. I have added the url in the web.config file and all my reports use that report server url.

Thanks for your help and suggestions in advance,

Regards,
Mehdi

HI, Mehdi:

I hope this article can help:

Deploying Reports and ReportViewer Controls

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms251723(VS.80).aspx

If i misunderstand you about your question, please feel free to correct me and i will try to help you with more information.


I hope the above information will be helpful. If you have any issues or concerns, please let me know. It's my pleasure to be of assistance

|||

hi,

i to got struct. i have same problem as described above. i have a web setup of web project that consist of a form that uses report viewer whose report server url is read from web.config. i have a sql reporting services report project which consist of reports. when comes to installation on the client side i can carry web setup of web project but when come to report server project i don't want to carry sourse code to deploy. can it be possible to make websetup of report server project if yes plz reply how to make the setup else say the alternative methods so that i can install at the client side with integration issuess my email id isabdulhaseeb_1201@.yahoo.com. waiting for ur reply. the link which u have provied could not help me a lot, so dont mind plz explain it in your way

No comments:

Post a Comment