Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Package Fail connections on moving to server

I am working with the ssis packages.I am working in the development enviroment.Once i place them on the server all my connection to text files fails.I dont want to sit and Keep changing with respect to server again and again.

What is the best way to set connection like for example:in my development it can be on e:\data folder

But on server F:\Data

With me changing again and again, can this be set within the package in the development environment.

Please le me know.

Use a package configuration to populate a variable with the location of the files. Then use an expression on the connection manager to combine the file location variable with the hard-coded filenames.
|||

Would you please explain in little more details

Thanks in advance

|||If you aren't familiar with Package Configurations, you should read the topic in Books Online. You can use them to set the connection string on your flat file connection managers, as Jay suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment