Monday, March 12, 2012

Package configuration using Environment variable

I am doing SSIS package configuration using environment variable.

I have created a system environment variable that points to the dtsConfig file.

I opened the package and choosen the configuration type as environment variable and specified the environment variable

When I click the next button , it doesn't allow me to choose the configurable property.

Please suggest

If you want to have the location of the configuration file stored in an environment variable, but use the config file to actually store settings, you need to set the configuration type to XML configuration file, and set the "configuration location is stored in an environment variable" option. That's an indirect configuration.

No comments:

Post a Comment