Monday, March 12, 2012

Package backup

I'm upgrading the hard drives in my SQL server and need
to rebuild the entire server because of the RAID
configuration.
Q. is there a way I can backup all the DTS Packages and
Scheduled Jobs? And is there a way to restore them after
the server is rebuilt?Packages and jobs are stored in msdb (as long as you are
saving your packages to SQL Server). If you restore msdb,
you will get your packages and jobs restored with it.
-Sue
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:35:19 -0800, "Joe"
<anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm upgrading the hard drives in my SQL server and need
>to rebuild the entire server because of the RAID
>configuration.
>Q. is there a way I can backup all the DTS Packages and
>Scheduled Jobs? And is there a way to restore them after
>the server is rebuilt?|||Thank you,
Joe

>--Original Message--
>Packages and jobs are stored in msdb (as long as you are
>saving your packages to SQL Server). If you restore msdb,
>you will get your packages and jobs restored with it.
>-Sue
>On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:35:19 -0800, "Joe"
><anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
after
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment