Wednesday, March 7, 2012

OWC - Distinct Count Error

hi,

i have a cube where i do a "distinct count" of my customers and it works fine if i select one member off a dimension or all of them. but if i try to choose two or more members it doesn't work anymore.

does anyone have a solution for this problem ?

thanks,

levogiro.

Are you using AS 2005 SP2 - in which case, could you describe the issue in more detail?

http://sqljunkies.com/WebLog/mosha/archive/2006/11/07/visual_totals_dc.aspx

>>

Visual Totals and Distinct Count

One of the most talked about improvements in Analysis Services 2005 was support for Distinct Count measure over arbitrary set of members.

...

Wrong results are always a bad thing, therefore in SP2 the implementation of Visual Totals (both function and the mode) underwent serious change. Internally, this implementation got unified with implementation of visual totals for subselects - so now they all behave similarly.

>>

|||

Deepak Puri,

I'm sorry, I forgot to say that I'm using SQL Server 2000. I did a test in SQL Server 2005 and it works fine.

Levogiro.

|||I believe there was a hotfix for this issue (in AS 2000) recently. Please follow up with CSS...|||I have the same problem. Does anyone know if there actually is there a hotfix for AS2000 for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment