Wednesday, March 7, 2012

OWC and SSAS 2005

So I am about to impliment my intranet site with my pivot table reports that conect to SSAS2005 cubes, I am just curious if anyone knows the minimum requirements that need to be installed on the client for them to be able to view the report. I know they need msxml6.msi and SQLServer2005_ASOLEDB9.msi installed but what version of office web components are required? Does anyone know.

I am trying to play it as safe as possible but I don't think installing Office XP web components is feasable, will 2003 web components work?

Thanks in advance for the help.

OWC 2003 will work against AS 2005. As you mentioned you need to get AS OLEDB 9 installed.

In fact is you mention, SQL Management Studio and BI Dev Studio using OWC for browsing cubes.

Though there are quite a few better AS clients out there in the market that work way better with AS2005. Excel 2007 pivot tables for example.

Edward.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

|||Yeah, I was just looking if someone knew the oldest version of office web components coupled with the install of the OLEDB provider and the XML services that would work for browsing cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment