Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Package fails but single Task ends with success

Hi

I've created a simple package that contains only one task that is an execute sql task. When I run only this single task from Business Intelligence development studio it runs successfully. But when I run the whole package (also from Business intlligence studio), the package fails.

The data source I access is ODBC. I'm sure the real reason for the error is the bad ODBC driver of the data source but this can't be changed. So I need to know what is different from running only a task in a package to running the whole package. If I knew that I might be able to adjust some setting and make it work.

Any help welcome.

What is the error you are receiving?

Rafael Salas

|||I had a similar probem the other day.

all the individual steps would run ok in visual studio, but the package as a whole would fail.

the problem was a spurious executable that was not visible on the control flow design screen, but was listed as an executable in package explorer.

its was this spurious executable that was failing, and so causing my package to fail.

have a look to see what is shown as an executable in the package explorer tab?|||

Hi Rafael

Thanks for your answer.

I get the messagebox-error with "Unable to load DLL, Fatal Error!" in the messagebox title and the dll's path in the message body. The dll that is indicated there belongs to the system that should be accessed.

Christian

|||

I've checked the package in package explorer but there's only the one executable that I've just created.

Christian

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment