Wednesday, March 21, 2012

package fails after OnPreValidate (but not in BIDS)

I have all the package logging tickboxes checked but in the log file I only get this:
OnPreValidate,<machinename>,<account>,<packagename>,{7741AD7F-1941-4F4C-AE9D-08068C8856E4},{F6924552-600A-450B-995F-C24AB5C49FC3},6/25/2007 5:21:12 PM,6/25/2007 5:21:12 PM,0,0x,(null)

Then nothing.

The package fails.

When I run it in BIDS I do not get an error.

Anyone know why?If you're not running the package in BIDS, how are you running it? Agent?|||it is running as an all powerful system user|||Right, but is DTEXEC being called from Agent, from a command prompt, or are you using a custom app to run the packages?|||

think this was similar problem to the other issue I was having

we changed the security level to use password, deploy and it works fine now

shame the error couldn't have been more informative Sad

|||

adolf garlic wrote:

think this was similar problem to the other issue I was having

we changed the security level to use password, deploy and it works fine now

shame the error couldn't have been more informative

Well, that's why John and I asked the question that you never answered.... We already knew what the problem was, but needed you to confirm and walk through the problem on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment