Friday, March 23, 2012

Package scheduling and error trace-

I am scheduling the package to run on the nightly basis everyday using windows scheduled task.
How do i check whether the package ran successfully or it has given any error.

Can anyone please suggest me if I can log the error in some table of SQL server.

PLease suggest the steps.

When building a package in BIDS, have a look at the logging options. See the SSIS menu item, Logging.

You can log to several locations including a table.

I would expect DTEXEC to send the appropriate return code when it failed, so the scheduled job should fail. Unfortunately the windows scheduler is not very advanced, so you cannot capture output or configure the return code. The lack of output and monitoring means I would not use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment