Friday, March 23, 2012

Package question

Hello All,

I am new to the sql 2k5 utilities. My company had to move a couple of their access database over to sql server because they are approaching the 2G size. I have a macro in access that creating a csv file. I have to recreate that macro in sql server. So I have created a view to produce the result set for the file. I create a package that has the view as its source and the csv file as the destination. I run the package to create the file and it runs fine. I then create a job to run the package automatically but the job fails. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. All this is being done directly on the server...do I need to do something extra when I create the step?

In the step I specify step name

Type SSIS...run as 'SQL Agent Service Account'

Package source 'SQL Server"

Then I select the package from the list of SSIS packages. The error message does not give any specifics except to say package failed. The step failed.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Hi,

you should implement some proper error handling in your SSIS package, seems that if you are importing a csv file, either the SQL Server Agent account has no access to the files, the files are locked, or the Authentication used for loading the data in SQL Server is not setup properly (e.g. the SQL Agent Account has no access to the SQL Serverobjects)

Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment