Friday, March 23, 2012

Package Name Sorting

SISS packages do not sort by name in BIDS and they do not sort by name when deployed to a SSIS server if choosing to store in sql server. The packages do sort by name when stored in file system. We have more than 100 packages on the server and just could not keep up with the locations. The only thing I can do is to create many folders. But even folders have no way to be sorted. Do I miss something here?

Try this: http://solidqualitylearning.com/blogs/erik/archive/2005/08/08/1269.aspx

Or this: http://www.sqldbatips.com/showarticle.asp?ID=78 (Jasper has updated it to make it work in BIDS as well as SSMS)

-Jamie

|||

Jamie,

Thanks for your reply. I tried both solutions in BIDS. The first one works, but it seems too much work. The second one would be a good choice if I could make it work.

When I try to sort the packages in a project folder called 'Test Packages', I continue to get the follow error message in the output window "Access to the path ....Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Integration Services Project\Test Packages\Test Packages.dtproj.old' is denied.' I understand the program is trying to create a new sorted dtpproj file to replace the old one. Do you know what I need to do to make this work? Since the projected is in the source safe, does that make the difference?

Thanks.

Jane

|||

Sorry, I've never used it. Try asking Jasper - I'm sure he won't mind helping out.

-Jamie

|||It is probably a read-only file, and perhaps caused by some form of source control. Jasper makes the source code available, so feel free to come up with a better method.

No comments:

Post a Comment