Friday, March 23, 2012

Package loses configuration files!

I created a project with multiple packages. I created a global config file that all packages reference. I also created a config file for each package that contains the package specific settings. I checked it all into TFS. I went to a different machine and checked it all out. Upon loading a package into the IDE I got the following 3 warnings.

Warning loading MT_LSE_PROD_StageLoad.dtsx: The configuration file "MT_LSE_PROD_StageLoad.dtsConfig" cannot be found. Check the directory and file name. e:\contentloader\sprint1a\MT_LSE_PROD_StageLoad.dtsx

Warning loading MT_LSE_PROD_StageLoad.dtsx: The configuration file "Environment.dtsConfig" cannot be found. Check the directory and file name. e:\contentloader\sprint1a\MT_LSE_PROD_StageLoad.dtsx

Warning loading MT_LSE_PROD_StageLoad.dtsx: Failed to load at least one of the configuration entries for the package. Check configurations entries and previous warnings to see descriptions of which configuration failed. e:\contentloader\sprint1a\MT_LSE_PROD_StageLoad.dtsx

Any ideas? And yes, the files *ARE* there! I tried building the project and it builds. I also tried doing a deployment build and that too built. I am so confused!!!

Are you using SQL2005/Express SP1? As I know there used to be a known issue with SP1: if you use configuration file to deploy SSIS package, the referenced file names in the configuraiton file will be change to lowercase. Since XML file is case-sensitive, the files can't be found if the name does not exactly match. Not sure whether there is any hotfix available now.|||We are using SQL 2005 Enterprise. I believe it is SP1 as well. Will see if naming everything in lower case only fixes it up. Thanks.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment