Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Package Fast in VS but slow when deployed to server

I have a package which completes in 3 minutes when ran from Visual Studio but when deployed to SSIS (same machine) it rans for more than 2 hours. What could be the reason for this?

Could you describe the package content and what does it do?|||

The package retrieves data from a source via a data flow task. The result is returned to the control flow as a recordset object. I have a ForEach container in which I am looping through the recordset. For each record, I am checking if corresponding records exists in another data source via SQL Task. If it exists I use another SQL Task to update it. If not, I add it via a third SQL task.

|||I never figured out what was causing this. Ended up redesigning the whole package and removing the foreach.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment