Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Package fails with 0xC0047062

Background:
I have a package that reads data from an SAP table and populates a SQL table.
The package was developed using a custom source component I created to connect to SAP. The package runs with no errors in the Business Intelligence Development Studio.
I deployed the package to my test SSIS server successfully using a package password.
The Run Package option runs the package with no errors.

Problem:
I created a Job under the SQL Server Agent and configured a single Step to execute my package. This fails with the following error:

Code: 0xC0047062
Description: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type ...
Description: component "SAP DB Source" (281) failed validation

The cast is fine as far as I can tell, so I'm not sure why this error occurs. I found other reports of this strange error message, but no solution. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Philip

Hello,

Have you ensured the custom components and dependencies are deployed on the target server besides the package?

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment