Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Package Execution with SQL Server Agent or DTEXEC

Hello,

I want execute package with SQL Server Agent. I create a job and I try all the solutions : my job doesn't want to work.

I success to launch the package but the execution failed.

I try the same job launching from the server : it doesn't work either.

So, I copy the command line (/FILE, /DTS or /SQL) and with DTEXEC utility it works when this command is executed on the server (on a client computer, the problem "the product level is insufficient" appears).

Why is it working with this utility and not with a job ?

I try to change every secured option (credential --> proxy --> Run as ; change the owner of the job ; etc.)

What options must be checked and modified ?

Thanks for your help !

I need HELP please :)|||

We created a package which read a flat file from another server and imported it into a table. Our package would run, but the job would not.

We found that we had to change two options - one was the location of the flat file. Our package was looking at a specific directory like "J:\Import Files\file.txt". We replaced the specific drive letter with the shared directory alias \\ServerName\Alias\Import Files\file.txt.

The second change was to alter the package to "Rely on Server ..." instead of "Encrypt Sensitive With User Key".

These two changes allowed Sql Agent to run the job.

|||

Hello,

thank you for answering, I tried your solution but no effect appears.

Actually your solution enable to execute the package in a step with a job. It seems to not fail.

The package executes through DTEXEC works fine and my destination table is filled.

When I use the same command line with a job, it works but my table is still empty. No new lines from the package !

How is it possible considering I use the same command line ?

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment