Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Package execution failed but no error (SQL2005)

I made an Integration Services Package which runs well if I start it manually
(also from SQL server Management Studio).
Now I have created a new job for the SQL server agent which need to run my
package.
After starting the job, it ends after a few seconds:
"The package execution failed" is the only message there is.
I assume it has something to do with security but for the test I am logged
in as a domain administrator which has all rights to all databases.
Can someone give some clues about how to solve this?
Thanks
Two possibilities come to my mind:
1- SQL Server run under its own account; so you should check the permission
for this account on both Windows and SQL-Server side (for example, does this
account has an explicit access to the database?)
2- You are using things like a network drive (Z:\Repertory\...) instead of
an UNC file name (\\Server\Repertory\...) which are specific to the login
account and unknown to other accounts.
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC
E-mail: sylvain aei ca (fill the blanks, no spam please)
"Frans" <Frans@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6EBD9795-92BA-435C-BCC7-CFEBDC6EAF2F@.microsoft.com...
>I made an Integration Services Package which runs well if I start it
>manually
> (also from SQL server Management Studio).
> Now I have created a new job for the SQL server agent which need to run my
> package.
> After starting the job, it ends after a few seconds:
> "The package execution failed" is the only message there is.
> I assume it has something to do with security but for the test I am logged
> in as a domain administrator which has all rights to all databases.
> Can someone give some clues about how to solve this?
> Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment