Tuesday, March 20, 2012

PACKAGE ENCODING

Hi, a new (little..) problem with xml source.

I have to import large xml file in sql server and I use data transfer task and xml source.

The xml file are generated without specifing any encoding, and so I obtain many character error if i don't change the encoding.

When i put "by hand" (with a xml editor) in the xml file this encoding <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO8859-1"?>, the SSIS task works perfectly without any error.

So, i'm looking for a way to use this encoding without editing xml file (more than 500 mb...). the way that i can imagine are:

1) change the package encoding (but I haven't find this kind of settings)

2) change the xml source encoding (but I haven't find this kind of settings)

3) change the console chcp (normally i have 850, i have tested 1252 but without any success)

4) make a xml trasformation (but i don't know the best way); I've tried with XML task without any success...

could anybody help me?

thank you in advance

alessandro

Hi, an update.

I've found a little "workaround" using XML task - patch. In this way I can patch the original xml file with a diff xml file that contain only the encoding settings. The ouput is a sort of "merge" of the xml file and the new enconding.

the real problem is that this package fail because it parse the xml file before create the new one...and it find the illegal character (that are the reasons for wich i want to change the xml encoding...!!!).

I've seen that it works making a test (replacing the illegal caracther "by hand").

So i have founded another way to obtain the same problem....

Please..:! someone help me!

thank you in advance

Alessandro

|||

....Nobody help me?

Now i'm working on .net xml source with scripting...

lavez

No comments:

Post a Comment