Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Package Configurations - Using One config file for Multiple Packages

Hi All,

I am working on a project currently where we have many SSIS packages and we want to minimize the number of config files to be used. What I was thinking was using one master config file which will have Server/Database info which will be used by all the packages. Now the thing is there are multiple packages which are being executed from within a master package and I was wondering if this will be an issue. Is there anything else that I will have to keep in mind? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

If my memory serves correctly then you will get lots of warnings about references in your config file to properties that don't exist in your package. But it should still execute OK.

-Jamie

|||Thanks Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment