Monday, March 12, 2012

Package Configuration - XML

Type:
Configuration File

New configuration file will be created.

File name:
C:\Test.dtsconfig

Properties:
\Package.Connections[Flat File Connection Manager].Properties[ConnectionString]

So lets say, I modify the connectionstring for the Flat File connection manager by editing the xml file. Next time, I run the package, it does not grab the new value. Am I misunderstanding the concept of Package Configuration?

No, you're not misunderstanding. This should be working. if the package uses a configuration file then messages will be output to the Output window indicating this. My best guess is tat something is configured incorrectly.

Also, are you using checkpoint files? If so, make sure that no checkpoint file is present to make sure that the package starts from scratch.

-Jamie

|||

Well what I did to get it working was the following:

On my config file i'm putting the values of variables, and i mapped the expressions to the variables. Thus, when I edit the xml file, I can change the value of lets say username to Bob and in return since i have it mapped, it automatically takes that value and applies it according to the connection.

|||The thing that usually gets me with configuration files is case sensitivity. A Source connection is not the same as a source connection. So if you have SuppressConfigurationWarnings attribute in your package set to True, the configuration file property is not used and you're not even aware you have a problem. If I had a dollar for every time...

No comments:

Post a Comment