Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Package configuration xml and lost password

Hi to all!.

I tell you my problem...

I have an DB2 source and SQL destination. I have 2 ConnectionManager. One for DB2 (IBM DB2) and other for SQL. Both are of the OleDB type.

Well. I setup my connections and it work fine. Now i want to change my ConnectionManager for others sources or destinations. And I don't want to have to change the connection in more than forty packages.

For this, i have 2 XML configuration file in package configurations. One for connection. In this XML i have the connectionstring, user and password. These files are obtained in all the packages.

Well. If i change the connectionstring in this XML file configuration, only work fine the OLEDB for SQL. The conection for DB2 return the fail: "The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "_packagename_" failed with error code 0xC0202009."

I have proven to modify protectionLevel of the package to DontSaveSensitive. SQL work fine. DB2 fails. I have changed to EncryptSensitiveWithPassword. The same.

Why the packages obtain the data of connection of the configuration file for SQL and it does not work or with the configuration file for DB2.

This is bug?

Thanks to all!.

XML based configuration should work the same way for DB2. Make sure you open the xml configuration file to add the password manually as BIDS won't put there for you.

ALso, make sure you check the progress tab (if using bids) for warnings about configurations not taking place.

|||

Thanks for you answer.

That already had proven it. In other machines it works with that configuration, so I will continue investigating.

Thanks again.

|||

I am also facing the same problem.

I am using one oledb connection for db2 (IBM oledb provider) and second oledb connection for sql server.

Its taking updated value for sql server but in case of DB2 giving the same error.

Have you got any solution.

Please share it with me also.

or is it a bug in SSIS?

Thanks in advance

No comments:

Post a Comment