Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Package Configuration with XML file

Hi,

I have about 40 packages in my job. One of the problems that I have encoutered is that I don't know how I could use same XML dtsconfig file for all of my files. Each SSIS calls different file.

The XML dtsconfig file is a replacment for my *.ini file in sql 2000. The dtsconfig file will hold paths to all different files. Each SSIS will take different file name at a runtime.

How can I have all the files paths in one dtsconfig file - and is it even possible to do that in SSIS?

Any help greatly appreciated....Thank you,

Maria

Yes, that is very possible. Have you tried doing it? What problems are you having?

-Jamie

|||

Hi Jamie, for my first ssis package I created new XML dtsconfig file and lets say called it "common.dtsconfig". That all works fine. Then I created my second ssis and when I was doing Package configuration for it I selected "common.dtsconfig" file, it asked me if I want to re-use it and I said "YES". But by doing that I am not getting the path in the common.dtsconfig for my second ssis. So I deleted that connection within Package Configuration and added new with new xml file name. then I took this portion "<Configuration ConfiguredType="Property" Path="\Package.Connections[CustomerMasterTmpCurrency].Properties[ConnectionString]" ValueType="String">
<ConfiguredValue>C:\Inetpub\ftproot\customers.CSV</ConfiguredValue>
</Configuration>"

and copied to the common.dtsconfig, and went back to my second package configuration-> deleted that connection-> and re-added new connection that points to the common.dtsconfig file. That seems to be working fine.

However, when I deployed my 2 ssis they both got errors that the connection xxxx cannot be find. Each of them has a different connection. I went back to each of the package configuration deleted the old connection and re-added it........I still cannot edit as it gives me an error.................

There must be a better way to handle it and I hope you can help me with it.....Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment