Monday, March 12, 2012

Package cancelled

Hi,
I'm trying to transfer data from a DB2 database to a MS SQL Server database (approx. 150 000 rows).

When I execute the package, the process is always cancelled (In output window: SSIS package "DB2_test_TranAddl.dtsx" finished: Canceled.)

I use a view on DB2 to provide the data and I can modify it to return only a few rows. To achieve this, I use a WHERE clause: WHERE OUTLET_NO Between X And Y.

When I try OUTLET_NO Between 1 And 5 (255 rows) the package executes successfully.
When I try OUTLET_NO Between 5 And 10 (388 rows) it works.

When I try OUTLET_NO Between 1 And 10 (643 rows) it fails!!
Any idea?

How fast does each of the queries run (1-5 and 5-10)? Suppose the connector is timing out?|||

Phil Brammer wrote:

How fast does each of the queries run (1-5 and 5-10)? Suppose the connector is timing out?

A few seconds (less than 5)

The timeouts are set to 0.

I tried changing them to 60 seconds but it doesn't work...

|||

OK here's an update:

I was using the IBM driver, it is not functionnal.

I installed the Microsoft OLE DB provider for DB2 and (after spending like half an hour trying to configure the connection) it works. 150 000 rows transferred successfully in a little more than 8 minutes. Takes about 1min30sec. with the DTS version so I guess I have to do some tweaking...

EDIT: I use the FastLoad on the destination. Takes approx 1min30sec.

|||

Fleo,

I have the same performance issue you mentioned. 300,000 rows takes only 3 minutes with the ODBC connection in DTS, but more than 5 minutes with the microsoft OLD DB provider for DB2 in SSIS. Have you figured out any tweaking that may help speed up the transfer?

Thanks.

|||

Any reason you can't use an ODBC connection in SSIS?

-Jamie

|||I need to load data from SQL2005 to AS400 and there is no ADO.NET/ODBC destination. Also, the unicode issue.|||

Jane2006 wrote:

I need to load data from SQL2005 to AS400 and there is no ADO.NET/ODBC destination. Also, the unicode issue.

Right, well, let's keep your issue to the thread you started: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1723508&SiteID=1

You can use the OLE DB Destination to write to AS400.

No comments:

Post a Comment