Friday, March 9, 2012

P

I have a report where i crunch some numbers and show an overall market value for the top 10 particular segments. The question I have is if I have some data that has lets say the top market value as being 57% and so on, why does the pie chart show larger portion that 57%? Is it because im not showing all segments and only the top 10? Any way to make the chart more accurate in its representation of the 57%? Sorry if I havent explained this very well.anyone have any thoughts on this? i will assume its the nature in how the pie chart works, my question is how to get the pie chart to be more representative of the actual percentages|||

Are you using filters on the pie chart?

Rather than using percentage values could you convert them to real values out of 100?

You may want to look at Dundas software's charting solutions as they could be more flexible than the out-of-the-box charts.

cheers,

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment