Friday, March 9, 2012

owner of dburgent

hi:
I get a database called"linlin".But the owner of database is not dbo or sa,but user "ss".I revert the database into my SQL server.
When I use it with user sa, I need add linlin. before the name of the table and storage processes.But what influnce to do this?
When insert ,update,delete something from linlin with user sa,is it OK?My SQL is personnal edition.
Appreciate your help!

I bet you that you executed your SQL statements under the context of that user 'ss'. That is why it is not showing as "dbo."

The reason why you have to prefix those tables with the database name is because your connection is not using that database. In your connection string, you can specify the [database] property to the name of the database. Then you won't have to prefix your SQL with the database name from there on.

|||

You're right. The SQL statements is under the context of that user 'ss'.
The database is my brother's.And I can not use ss.My brother let me connect database to asp.net.
But what can I do?
My brother let me create a user named "ss",but it desn't work.My "ss" can not connect to the database "linlin".
help me.

|||

The ss user must be granted access to access the database. To do this, in enterprise manager, go to the users. Go to the properties of this user "ss" and under permissions, give the ss DB Owner access to the database.

No comments:

Post a Comment