Friday, March 9, 2012

Owner of database

I've written code that allows a user to create a table according to their specifications. However, when I as another user tries to open the table, I get all sorts of errors. The only reason I can think that this happens is because I dont have sufficient permission/s to access that table. Is this correct, and if so, how do I get around this problem ?

Many thanks.You should GRANT permissions for other user to access the table.
Refer to books online for more information.|||The table owner could also be causing you some greif. In other words if you create 'tbl_one' with 'user_one' and then try and access the table with 'user_two' you may need to explictly identify the tables owner. In other words 'select * from user_one.tbl_one' .
Of course just as Satya mentioned the user would need select permissions on this table (user_one.tbl_one)

No comments:

Post a Comment