Saturday, February 25, 2012

Overwrite flat file destination does not work

I have 3 packages that run consecutively in a main package. Each of these packages read data from a flat file and import it into the Database and then perform some updates and then I use a script component to write the data to a flat file destination and have overwrite flag on the flat file destination to false, however the flat file is not being appended to. All the 3 packages are set to wirte to the same flat file destination each package overwrites the content of the flat file created by the previous packages.

I am wondering why the overwrite = False does not work on the flat file destination. Is there something else that I need to set or is this a defect? Any inputs will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

M.Shah


It works fine for me, I can append to an exiting file from multiple packages. Double-check all your destinations for the setting. I am using SP1 + Hotfix, but I don't remember this being an issue before or having been fixed.|||

I have double checked and I have Overwrite = False for all the three flat file destinations and the flat file still gets overwritten. I have SP1 with no hotfix.

Any further inputs will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

M.Shah

|||I got it to work. Not absolutely certain on what was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment