Monday, February 20, 2012

Overlapping of PDF

I have few reports that I want to get into a single PDF. I am clubbing all of
them as subreports in a single parent report. Then I convert that report to
PDF using SOAP API.
I would like to mention some points :
- I have properly placed rectangles (with 0 inch height and Page Break At
End property set to true) as pagebreaks.
- Also the combination of reports is such that some will fit in a Protrait
while others in Landscape.
The problems I am facing :
- On publishing them to the server, they just look fine. When I try to
render that to PDF, I dont know why they just overlap somewhere.
- Another problem is that the quality of the PDF. It seems to get
distorted(though the printout seems decent). This will definitely be a
problem if the user prefers an online copy of the report.
Can you help me out?Would it be possible for you to send me the rdls, rdl.data file, and the PDF
directly?
Without more information I don't think I can recommend anything to you.
--
Bruce Johnson [MSFT]
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Kam" <Kam@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CBDF9219-D306-412E-9DB4-36783ADCBD9A@.microsoft.com...
> I have few reports that I want to get into a single PDF. I am clubbing all
of
> them as subreports in a single parent report. Then I convert that report
to
> PDF using SOAP API.
> I would like to mention some points :
> - I have properly placed rectangles (with 0 inch height and Page Break At
> End property set to true) as pagebreaks.
> - Also the combination of reports is such that some will fit in a
Protrait
> while others in Landscape.
> The problems I am facing :
> - On publishing them to the server, they just look fine. When I try to
> render that to PDF, I dont know why they just overlap somewhere.
> - Another problem is that the quality of the PDF. It seems to get
> distorted(though the printout seems decent). This will definitely be a
> problem if the user prefers an online copy of the report.
> Can you help me out?

No comments:

Post a Comment