Monday, February 20, 2012

Overlapped I/O operation is in progress

SQL Server 2000. I removed SQL Server using Add/Remove Programs, rebooted
the server after the removal and now I am reinstalling SQL Server when I get
this error. Any suggestions on what is happening and how to fix it? I am
really a newbie to SQL.Anne West wrote:
> SQL Server 2000. I removed SQL Server using Add/Remove Programs, rebooted
> the server after the removal and now I am reinstalling SQL Server when I get
> this error. Any suggestions on what is happening and how to fix it? I am
> really a newbie to SQL.
Google has plenty hits for this error message. I did not read many of
them but it seems a general error message.
Also, why did you deinstall SQL Server in the first place?
Regards
robert|||The original install got corrupt [don't ask!!], I removed it and
inadvertantly installed a local instance. The SQL server is behind a
firewall and a local instance will not work for the company needs. After
much discussion, it was agreed to remove the local instance and start over.
I get to the point of entering the number of licenses and then the error pops
up. I only had 3 weeks training before my predecessor left. I will look at
Google. Thanks for the suggestion.
"Robert Klemme" wrote:
> Anne West wrote:
> > SQL Server 2000. I removed SQL Server using Add/Remove Programs, rebooted
> > the server after the removal and now I am reinstalling SQL Server when I get
> > this error. Any suggestions on what is happening and how to fix it? I am
> > really a newbie to SQL.
> Google has plenty hits for this error message. I did not read many of
> them but it seems a general error message.
> Also, why did you deinstall SQL Server in the first place?
> Regards
> robert
>

No comments:

Post a Comment