Monday, February 20, 2012

Overflow error

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 19:35:16 GMT, Mike wrote:

>I have the SQL table column PRICE set for decimal (14,14).

Hi Mike,

That means that you have a total of 14 digits, 14 of which are to the
right of the decimal. Leaving no digits to the left.

>Any one know why I would get an overflow error.

Probably because there's a value above 1.000 or below -1.000 in your
data.

Best, Hugo
--

(Remove _NO_ and _SPAM_ to get my e-mail address)I am trying to use the bulk insert command but I am getting the following
error:

--Begin Error Msg--
Server: Msg 4867, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Bulk insert data conversion error (overflow) for row 1, column 3 (PRICE).
--End Error Msg--

The data is formatted as a number, single with 14 decimal. I am exporting
to csv txt file from MS-Access.

I have the SQL table column PRICE set for decimal (14,14).

Any one know why I would get an overflow error.

Mike
m charney at dunlap hospital dot org|||Ok I fix those now I have the following error

--Begin Error Msg--
Server: Msg 4864, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Bulk insert data conversion error (type mismatch) for row 1, column 14
(STDCOST).
--End Error Msg--

The STDCOST is set to decimal (28,14) and is a formatted in Access as a
number, single with 14 decimal. I don't know why I would be getting a Type
Mismatch error.

Any idea?

Mike

"Hugo Kornelis" <hugo@.pe_NO_rFact.in_SPAM_fo> wrote in message
news:a3etk1hrq4v7odfrk71r0hli5lfivqebgt@.4ax.com...
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 19:35:16 GMT, Mike wrote:
>>I have the SQL table column PRICE set for decimal (14,14).
> Hi Mike,
> That means that you have a total of 14 digits, 14 of which are to the
> right of the decimal. Leaving no digits to the left.
>>Any one know why I would get an overflow error.
> Probably because there's a value above 1.000 or below -1.000 in your
> data.
> Best, Hugo
> --
> (Remove _NO_ and _SPAM_ to get my e-mail address)|||On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:34:14 GMT, Mike wrote:

>Ok I fix those now I have the following error
>--Begin Error Msg--
>Server: Msg 4864, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
>Bulk insert data conversion error (type mismatch) for row 1, column 14
>(STDCOST).
>--End Error Msg--
>The STDCOST is set to decimal (28,14) and is a formatted in Access as a
>number, single with 14 decimal. I don't know why I would be getting a Type
>Mismatch error.
>Any idea?

Hi Mike,

My guess is that there's some dirty data in the file you're trying to
read in.

You might want to double-check the data. And the format file you used.

Best, Hugo
--

(Remove _NO_ and _SPAM_ to get my e-mail address)|||Sorry for the double post. I dont know what I was thinking.

I looked for bad data but I did not see any. With the column being set
to numeric and singal in MS-Access, I dont think there could be any non-
numeric data in the column. The only thought I would have is Null values
being in the column but the SQL table is set to allow Null values.

What exactly is a Type Mismatch error? What does it mean? I thought it
might mean I was trying to input non-numeric data into a numeric column,
but I dont see any.

I am stuck...

Mike Charney

Hugo Kornelis <hugo@.pe_NO_rFact.in_SPAM_fo> wrote in
news:k0jtk1dd153rcs6fvv6eb5le1rukn57qot@.4ax.com:

> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:34:14 GMT, Mike wrote:
>>Ok I fix those now I have the following error
>>
>>--Begin Error Msg--
>>Server: Msg 4864, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
>>Bulk insert data conversion error (type mismatch) for row 1, column 14
>>(STDCOST).
>>--End Error Msg--
>>
>>The STDCOST is set to decimal (28,14) and is a formatted in Access as
>>a number, single with 14 decimal. I don't know why I would be getting
>>a Type Mismatch error.
>>
>>Any idea?
> Hi Mike,
> My guess is that there's some dirty data in the file you're trying to
> read in.
> You might want to double-check the data. And the format file you used.
> Best, Hugo|||On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:34:13 GMT, Mike wrote:

>Sorry for the double post. I dont know what I was thinking.
>I looked for bad data but I did not see any. With the column being set
>to numeric and singal in MS-Access, I dont think there could be any non-
>numeric data in the column. The only thought I would have is Null values
>being in the column but the SQL table is set to allow Null values.

Hi Mike,

I see in the other thread that you solved this problem and are now
fighting the next problem. Do post the information Erland requested. I'm
reading that thread as well, so it's quite likely that at least one of
us can spot the problem if you provide something for us to look at.

>What exactly is a Type Mismatch error? What does it mean? I thought it
>might mean I was trying to input non-numeric data into a numeric column,
>but I dont see any.

Yes, that is exactly what it means: the data in the input is not
compatible with the datatype in the table. Someting like "one" in a
numeric column, or "30 feb 2005" in a datetime column.

Best, Hugo
--

(Remove _NO_ and _SPAM_ to get my e-mail address)

No comments:

Post a Comment