Monday, February 20, 2012

Overflow the disk I/O buffer

Hello,

I am getting "overflow the disk I/O buffer" in my SSIS, and what's weird is that when I construct the same SSIS in a new package, it works perfectly. I almost want to believe that it could be a bug. Some days when I import the files, it works fine, but some days it errors out with this error on the last column. Is there some setting with CR/LF or LF that I have to pay attention to avoid this type of random error?

Thanks for your help!

-Lawrence

Can you please provide the exact error message and any other error messages around it?

Thanks,
Phil|||

[Flat File Source [439]] Error: The column data for column "Avg Position" overflowed the disk I/O buffer.

[Flat File Source [439]] Error: An error occurred while skipping data rows.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: The PrimeOutput method on component "Flat File Source" (439) returned error code 0xC0202091.The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: Thread "SourceThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047038.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: Thread "WorkThread0" received a shutdown signal and is terminating. The user requested a shutdown, or an error in another thread is causing the pipeline to shutdown.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: Thread "WorkThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047039.

|||What is the data type for the column, "Avg Position" and how many bytes is each row in the file?|||

Has there been a resolution to this? I have a similar problem occurring.

|||

Joshua Kasper wrote:

Has there been a resolution to this? I have a similar problem occurring.

No, because SQLChamp needs to respond to my last questions.|||

Column in database is float.

Bytes from the text file range from 1 to 35.6

-Lawrence

|||

Joshua Kasper wrote:

Has there been a resolution to this? I have a similar problem occurring.

And do you have a similar problem, or the exact same problem? Do you have the same error messages?|||

SQLChamp wrote:

Column in database is float.

Bytes from the text file range from 1 to 35.6

-Lawrence

What is the data type of the column inside SSIS? Make sure that it is what you expect it to be in all stages of the data flow.|||

I doubled check the Data Flow, and they are all float or mapping to the same column name.

Maybe the format of the data in the text file is causing SSIS to fail? Would you know what kind of data in the text file would do that? But I would assume the error log should indicate which row it error out on if it were format issue.

Any other places to check? or would this be random SSIS bug?

-Lawrence

|||

SQLChamp wrote:

I doubled check the Data Flow, and they are all float or mapping to the same column name.

Maybe the format of the data in the text file is causing SSIS to fail? Would you know what kind of data in the text file would do that? But I would assume the error log should indicate which row it error out on if it were format issue.

Any other places to check? or would this be random SSIS bug?

-Lawrence

Well, there isn't a float data type inside a data flow... Can you tell me what SSIS data type you have this column listed as?

Also, if you have a numeric field defined as numeric(4,2) and you have a number such as 1.234, it will fail, strictly speaking. 12.34 works. 123.4 does not.|||

FlatFile Metadata for [Avg Position] = DT_R4 (precision=0, length=0)

Float cannot set precision like numeric, so hopefuly precision is not the cause of this SSIS error.

What's weird is that ther are many other columns with Float, and they don't appear to cause any error, but [Avg Position] is at the last column, so not sure if that has an effect.

I am trying to attach the screenshot in this forum, but I am not sure you are able to see it below. Maybe this forum don't support screenshot.

-Lawrence

|||Since it's the last field in the file, it could be a row terminator issue.

How do you have the flat file setup? Ragged right? CSV?|||

In SSIS, [Avg Position] ColumnDelimiter is set to {CR}-{LF}

Row Delimiter - {CR}-{LF}

How do I check whether my text file source is compatible with the setting above?

-Lawrence

|||

I think the issue is that there is an extra blank line at the end. This does not happen all the time, so have to accommodate both (end of line & extra line). How would I setup SSIS to accommodate the extra blank line?

Thanks,

-Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment