Saturday, February 25, 2012

Overlay of textboxes are not rendering properly

In the page header I have a rectangle that has 2 textboxes on the same line and both are the full length of the page. One textbox has text centered and the other has text right justified. When I render report in Studio or print it, the text appears on the same line and justified like I want, but when the report is rendered when I call the report by URL, the textboxes wrap, like it's taking the width of each textbox in account. Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions on how to overlay text on the same line and the text keep their own individual characteristics?

I do not believe that you can overlap two textboxes. One will push the next one down to the next line. Can't you make one text box only long enough to allow the text that you need, then Format that text box ittself to align Format-Center in Form-Horizonally. Create the second text box, only as large as you need to hold that text that you are displaying. Then put that text box all the way to the right of your page and align the text in it to right.

|||Yes, that sounds like that would work, but how do you format-center in the form-horizonally?|||Create the first text box and make it only large enough to display the text that you need it to display. Click on the text box itsself to select it, go up to the menu bar and click format, slide down to center in form, select horizontally. This will center that text box in the middle of your page. Then you could actually choose text align in your properties and middle align the text within the text box itsself if you needed to do that. Hope this helps.|||

Kim,

Thanks for trying, but that won't work for me because of a couple reasons: 1) The text is dynamic, so I have no idea on how wide to make my textbox. 2) Even if my text is static and I shorten them up and center the one text box, they still overlap.

No comments:

Post a Comment